...Excessive heat warning in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Monday...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued an
excessive heat warning...which is in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Monday.
* Heat...maximum temperatures and heat index readings between 100 and 110 degrees
are expected on Monday away from the immediate coast.
(103 degrees expected in the Glen)
* Impacts...dangerous heat-related illness is possible...
especially for sensitive populations...those conducting outdoor activities.
..and people without access to air conditioning.
Electricity demands will be high and power outages are possible.
* Never...ever...leave people or pets in enclosed vehicles...even for a
short period of time.
* Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside.
When possible...reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
* Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
* Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
and drink plenty of water.
* To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded
or air conditioned environments.
* Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
**Heat stroke is an emergency - call 911.**