...Excessive heat warning in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Monday...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued an
excessive heat warning...which is in effect from 11 am to 8 PM PDT Monday.
* Heat...maximum temperatures and heat index readings between 100 and 110 degrees
are expected on Monday away from the immediate coast.
(103 degrees expected in the Glen)
* Impacts...dangerous heat-related illness is possible...
especially for sensitive populations...those conducting outdoor activities.
..and people without access to air conditioning.
Electricity demands will be high and power outages are possible.
* Never...ever...leave people or pets in enclosed vehicles...even for a
short period of time.
* Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside.
When possible...reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
* Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
* Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
and drink plenty of water.
* To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety
and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded
or air conditioned environments.
* Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
**Heat stroke is an emergency - call 911.**
Though crime in our Beverly Glen Community is down, sildenafil malady the West side of L.A. is seeing a rise in residential burglaries. It is always best to be proactive and prepared. Please read the information below from LAPD.
“There has been a series of Residential Burglaries developing in the West Los Angeles Area. The suspects typically will knock or ring the doorbell to verify if the resident is home. When there is no answer the suspects enter the side or rear of the residence and force entry by smashing the window or door glass to gain entry. Suspects are targeting the master bed and bath areas of the home and removing Jewelry and small electronics.
• ALARMS: Ensure that security alarms are in good working order and set when not at home whether leaving for 10 minutes or 10 hours.
• ALARM RESPONSE: Consider a private patrol alarm response to enhance your current alarm and security system. In many cases private patrols are already contracted in many neighborhoods or associations.
• SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS: Web based surveillance camera systems will allow homeowners to view and monitor activity from any smartphone or computer which are motion sensor activated and will alert your device when there is activity. They also lend valuable information and clues to the investigation.
• GATES: Ensure that all gates and access points to the side or rear of the residence are locked and secured.
• DOOR AND WINDOW LOCKS: Ensure that all doors and windows are locked and secured with sturdy secured locks and that there are second locking mechanisms securing all doors and windows as a second line of defense.
• MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU’RE HOME…Even when you’re not.
• NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: Monitor suspicious activities in your neighborhood and alert your neighbors. Should the activity escalate to a crime about to occur, viagra sovaldi crime in progress or crime that just occurred, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
All other City Services: 311
LAPD Website: http://www.lapdonline.org/
Senior Lead Officer
West Los Angeles Community Police Station
There’s been a water main break at No. Beverly Glen & Corfu Lane.
DWP is already working on this and Councilman Koretz’s office knows about it. Do not drive south on the Glen if you can avoid it (if you are north of Corfu) and the same goes for North, generic viagra sovaldi if you live south of Corfu). We will do our best to keep you updated on this problem.
At our last RoBG Board meeting this past Monday, viagra usa cure I am pleased to announce our two new Board members:
Treasurer – Karen Simonson
Social Chair – Elke Heitmeyer
Karen has been a long time resident and we are fortunate to have such a highly qualified person take care of one of our most important assets, generic cialis ailment your membership money. She brings years of law and tax law experience as well as opening up her home this year for the Garden Walk.
Many of you know Elke, find who recently did an amazing job chairing the 50th Annual Fair. After a little arm twisting, she was gracious to volunteer to be Social Chair, which is fantastic for if future events are anything like the Fair, we are in for a treat. Elke will need lots of help so please volunteer to help, whether for one hour or more, it all helps. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you Karen and Elke for volunteering! Remember everyone, we still have Vice President vacant and we need help with all the amazing things we are hoping to accomplish for you.
If interested in being Vice-President, please email me at email@example.com.